Photobucket
Kamyx3 At Angelicum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: KAMYX3 at ANGELICUM is now doing their best to make new updates for the forum. The new layout will come out on February.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

~- Charcoal Feather Federation -~

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~- Charcoal Feather Federation -~  (Read 3090 times)
Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

AKA: Jin

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

View Profile WWW
« on: »

Haibane Renmei = Charcoal Feather Federation

.:Explanation:.
In a small town in a mid-20th century Eastern European country is the "Old Home,". Upon emerging from the cocoons in which they first appear in the world, Haibane (pronounced Hai-bann-nei) appear to be normal human beings. Shortly afterwards, Haibane grow small, feathered wings from their backs, and are given halos specially-forged for them by the Haibane Renmei. Haibane are generally young children or teenagers when they come into the world. Haibane cocoons grow from small seeds like dandelion tufts that fall from the sky and land in places such as Old Home, usually in the spring, indoors and in uninhabited rooms. Once landed, these seeds dig into the floor and grow quickly, bigger than a person, but somewhat dependent on the size of the individual inside. Roots grow out of the cocoon into the surrounding surfaces to support it.

Inside, each new Haibane experiences a vivid dream, and then wakes up suspended within the cocoon. They are dressed in a plain white robe, surrounded by some sort of breathable liquid, and able to hear sounds from outside. The walls are easily pulled apart, and each Haibane must dig his or her own way out. According to the Haibane, tradition holds that if hatchlings cannot break free themselves, they will not grow strong (much like chicks or butterflies, no?).

They awake in their new world known as the little City of Glie, a seemingly cheerful place that are surrounded by extremely high walls (the walls are about 8-12 stories high). Each Haibane is given a new name according to the dream they had while in the cocoon. They are all sure that they had a name and life prior to this one, but none are ever able to remember any details, and it is thought that even if they met their families, they would not recognize one another. Certain traces of emotion remain, however, and they remember practical things like how to talk or ride a bicycle.

.:Wings and Halos:.
Healthy Haibane wings are light, charcoal grey rather than white and are too small to be functional. Wings are formed within the Haibane's body, first appearing as uncomfortable lumps on the back. Within a day or two of the hatching, these grow rapidly and put the Haibane into a state of fever, finally bursting through the skin in a painful (and bloody) manner.
The pain and fever last for about a day before rapidly and completely subsiding. Meanwhile, the feathers of the wings must be cleaned, or else the blood and other fluids will stain them. Thorough cleaning can be a long procedure, and must be done by someone else, as the newly born Haibane is too weak and in too much pain. Once Haibane recover their health after this ordeal, they start to be able to move the wings, although it takes some time to gain complete control over them. After a week or more of involuntary twitching and quick exhaustion, each Haibane finally learns to control the wings like any other part of their body.

After a Haibane has received a name, he or she is given a halo which floats over his or her head, "to be a guide for the future". The connection may be tenuous at first, but once the halo "sticks", it is almost like a part of the Haibane's body and can be used to drag him or her about or to support the weight of other objects. These halos glow brightly and are forged from metallic flakes, called "light leaves", which can be found in tunnels located within the wall that surround the city.

.:The Haibane Rules:.
The Haibane in general are bound by certain rules set forth by the Haibane Renmei. They are only allowed possessions they make themselves, or which the townsfolk have cast aside, and thus must wear used clothing and live in abandoned buildings. They are also only allowed to work in the oldest places, and are not allowed to handle money. Instead, they are each given a notebook by the Haibane Renmei, the pages of which they use as script to pay for food and used goods. They are also not allowed to linger near or touch the city walls.

.:Day of Flight:.
Haibane's lives are eventually drawn toward their "Day of Leaving the Nest" , or "The day of Flight". This day approaches when the Haibane in question has overcome certain internal trials and is ready to move on. Their halo begins to flicker and dim, and finally they depart, alone and unannounced, for the Western Woods, where they pass over the city walls in a beam of light. Their halo is left behind on the ground and no longer glows. The other Haibane experience this much as they would an ordinary death—no one knows when it will happen, or what lies beyond the wall, and those left behind feel the loss of separation. Nevertheless, Leaving the Nest has a positive connotation, and most of the Haibane believe that life beyond the walls is somehow higher or better than life in Glie.

Before You Join This RP. You Should Have watched the anime even if you only watched the first episode.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
[Please Remove Spaces in YouTube for the link to work]

Charcole Feather Federation Official Website
« Last Edit: by +-ღMyrtleღ-+ » Report Spam   Logged

Maybe the only reason why people hang on to memories so tightly, is because memories are
the only things that stay the same. Even when everything else changes.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: »

00c;OK, theres a time skip, and so our RP'ing starts about 5 years later after the Anime. =D I'll be playing as Rakka, who's now the head Haibane in the Old Home. By the way, Old Home is a place where Haibane live. They say it used to be a collage dormitory or something... ^^;

Rakka:
http://www.animegalleries.net/img/23059
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/HENKARA/HAIBANE%20RENMEI/haibane_drakka1600.png

The Room where the Haibane hang-out:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/manga_pictures/Wallpapers/Haibane%20Renmei/haibane_renmei_wall-5.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/manga_pictures/Wallpapers/Haibane%20Renmei/haibane_renmei_wall-16.jpg

What a Haibane cocoon looks like:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/manga_pictures/Wallpapers/Haibane%20Renmei/haibane_renmei_wall-10.jpg

Town of Glie:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/manga_pictures/Wallpapers/Haibane%20Renmei/haibane_renmei_wall-9.jpg

Entrance to Old Home:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/manga_pictures/Wallpapers/Haibane%20Renmei/haibane_renmei_wall-11.jpg

Old Home:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/ElvenLily/haibane%20renmei%20pics/010.jpg
« Last Edit: by Jinmei » Report Spam   Logged

Maybe the only reason why people hang on to memories so tightly, is because memories are
MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

AKA: Myrtle, Muaxxx, iMyrtle
Status: I'm quite busy doing something for the forum. But you may PM me.

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: »

A girl was gently flowing in space, looking down at Earth's startling twilight. The stars where shining on her, which gave her a warm feeling. The Earth looked so simple, with its blue and green hues. She was curled into a position as the air moved around her, finally blowing down from beneath, calling her to the planet below. The starts twinkled as she looked at the surroundings. She could see feathers floating around her, enveloping her.
"Where am I?" She said as as she looked around. "Is this a dream?" She continued.

OOc; This is how my char. looks like

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/iMyrtle/wings.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/iMyrtle/angel.png

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: »

"No, this won't do." A girl closed a door, leaving behind a dust-ridden room. "A hundred more rooms to check!" She sighed. Theres recently been a shortage on storage areas, and Rakka was worried about the overly abundant dust bunnies that were practically littered all over the place. As the head of Old Home, it was her job to maintain the Haibane nest.
Much to her dislike...

Then, she heard a faint sound of shifting rubble inside a particular room, which according to her list, was empty. "Probably just some owls that flew in," She shrugged.

MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: »

Myrtle woke up as she saw her self in a closed place. "Where am I?" Myrtle asked her self as she saw her self in a closed room. She starts to touch the walls of the room as she started to dig deeper to it. "What is this?" She asked her self as she knocked the walls. She started to remember her dream.
Report Spam   Logged

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: »

00c; It ain't exactly a room, and she's surrounded by water (its special cause she can breath in it). But, whatevah! xDD
Continue... C'mon! Dig.
Report Spam   Logged

MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: »

OOc; That's what I said, it seemed like I was in a closed room.
Report Spam   Logged

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: »

00c; Ah, awkie. Sorry! TT_TT
I'll continue after dinner. BRB! =D

MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: »

Myrtle started to remember her dream and was wondering about it. She started to dig into the gooey walls of the seemingly closed room as she was wondering what is out there. She dug through the walls as she fell out of the cocoon. She went out as she was filled with water from the cocoon. Her sight was blurry as she tried to see where she is.   

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: »

"What the...!" Rakka held back as a torrent of cocoon fluid drained from that particular room, cascading into the surrounding hallways, "Rakka, You idiot! Why couldn't you have seen that it was a cocoon?!" She berated herself before bursting into the drenched room, finally peering down at the newborn Haibane who was still without wings and a halo.

"I'm so sorry," She ran to the girl's side, picking her up by the arms, "Kana, Hikari! I need your help. A cocoon just hatched!!!" She called from down the hallway, all the while struggling to keep the half-unconscious girl from plopping onto the dusty, wooden floor.
Kana and Hikari came running into the room, panting heavily in exhaustion, "Rakka, why didn't you tell us about this cocoon?" Kana asked, almost frantically, while she and Hikari got hold of the still-wet girl.
"I didn't know! You said it yourself, Kana. None of us can cover this ridiculously huge building by ourselves!" Rakka sighed, glancing off this horrible mistake of hers. If this newborn grew her wings, let alone hatch without anyone's knowing...
Then thats definitely not good!
Report Spam   Logged

MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: »

+-ღMyrtleღ-+

Myrtle was craving for air as she was crawling on the floor. She couldn't open her eyes. She tried to open her eyes. But all that she can see is only blur. She saw a girl as she can feel her lifting her arms. But she felt unconscious and again went back to rest.
Report Spam   Logged

Jinmei
Role Play Moderator
Board Moderator
Star Angelican

Reputation 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: »

00c; Okay, so two days have passed since your char hatched. It kind of takes time for them to recover. -.-;
This post shall be edited~
Report Spam   Logged

MyrtleGail
Admin; Founder; Coder
WebMaster
Angelicum Angel

Reputation 49

Harry; Hogwarts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: »

+-ღMyrtleღ-+

This post shall also be edited.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum